Updated: January 28, 2021
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 restrictions, the board of the BVCC has made the unfortunate decision to end our 2020/2021 curling season early. As there is no definitive indication as to when the restrictions will be lifted, we feel that it is the best decision in order to maintain the viability of our club.
Our decision was not an easy one. In addition to waiting for the Province to announce a reopening date, we also had to factor in the safety and comfort of our members if play did resume as well as managing ongoing expenses. Our costly startup and the daily operating expenses of maintaining an expensive ice plant and empty building, with no additional revenue coming in, has placing a strain on our finances.
By closing early and greatly reducing the daily operating costs, we are able to reimburse each team 50% of their 2020/2021 league fees and each junior player $50. A refund cheque will be issued to the skip of each team and the parent of each junior curler. Information on the refund pickup will be emailed out soon.
We understand some members may be disappointed with our decision, which we understand and respect, but we felt ending our curling season early was our best option.
Thank you Indus curlers for joining us in the season we were able to have. We hope to see you all again next season.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.